Summary of the post
The following summary includes the list of the topics we will cover in our post related to “American Girl.” We will introduce you to the movie and tell you Why you should watch American Girl.
- Why you should watch American Girl
- The Story
- Where you can watch American Girl
- What did we learn from American Girl – (Spoilers Begin)
- What we did and didn’t like about the film – Pros and Cons
Why you should watch American Girl.
After the touching and beautiful success of “Man in Love,” Taiwan brings now another interesting movie: American Girl (Mei Guo Nu Hai). The film received twelve nominations and three awards at the “Golden Horse Film Festival” in 2021 for “Narrative Feature,” “Best Cinematography”, and “Best New Director.
It’s undoubtedly a good introduction for the movie distributed now by Netflix worldwide. American girls brings vital topics in the life of a family.
- For example, how do the family-life change when a mother discovers her cancer?
- And how difficult is it to move your L.A. girls from America to Taiwan? Undeboutly, two different cultures and societies.
American Girl explores the rebel attitude of Fen, who, instead of supporting her dying mother, decides to challenge her in any way so that she can understand the sufferances Fen is facing in Taiwan. But selfishness is not the way to build a happy family. Therefore, be prepared to witness:
- a complex relationship between mother and daughter;
- husband and wife;
- the difficulties of adapting to a different culture, and the benefits of doing so;
It’s not a film made for relaxing you, but to inspire you in how you look at family issues and relationships. And on what matters when challenges arise within your loved ones. Is it perfect? We will tell you in our analysis, but it is definitely worth your attention.
Details about the movie
|Release Date||March 2022 in the U.S.A.|
|Genre||Drama – Family|
|Duration||1 hour and 41 minutes|
|Director||Feng-I Fiona Roan|
|Actors||Caitling Fan (Fen) – Winnie Shih-Ying Chang (Ting’s Mom) – Kaiser Chuang (Huay)|
American Girl– The Story
Lily needs to relocate from Los Angeles with her two daughters to meet her husband in Taiwan to get medical treatments for her advancing cancer. Fen and Ann, her two girls, will face a challenging time adapting to the new culture and dealing with her mother’s illness. But they will react differently, mainly because cancer is not the only trouble within their family.
- So, how their family is going to deal with the relocation and cancer?
- What is going to change between Fen and her mother?
- And what we can learn from this story?
American Girl– Trailer
Where you can watch American Girl?
Have you watched American Girl?
If yes, enjoy our analysis and explanation of the film. We will tell you:
- What did we learn from American Girl
- What we did and didn’t like about the film
- Pros and Cons to justify our final rating;
At Spotamovie, we love to go deeper into the story and improve ourselves through the magical art of films. We hope you will enjoy the movie and let us know your opnion in the comment section.